Loading...

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Nyerere's Tanzania:Yesterday,Today&Tomorrow?

When I was young and full of life
I believed in you
In your dream full of promise!

Now that I am mature and seasoned
I am still inspired by you
For your words of wisdom still hold true!

And tomorrow when I leave my country in tatters
I will be thinking of you
And the promise I threw into the gutter!

For you entrusted me to keep the flame burning
And I pretended that I would
But I simply turned around and blew it away!

Demere
05-10-2010
To commemorate Nyerere

1 comments:

Mbele October 6, 2010 at 7:45 PM  

CCM is using Mwalimu Nyerere's words, seen in the banner in the background opportunistically. While Mwalimu made those statements in 1990, he increasingly lost faith in CCM, as is clear in his 1993 book, "Uongozi Wetu na Hatima ya Tanzania."

The truth is that Mwalimu got increasingly frustrated with CCM, and he worried about Tanzania's future, as a result. This is the truth CCM is not telling. For some insight into this, read here.

Karibu kwenye ulingo wa kutafakari kuhusu tunapotoka,tulipo,tuendako na namna ambavyo tutafika huko tuendako/Welcome to a platform for reflecting on where we are coming from, where we are, where we are going and how we will get there

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP