I dream of the day of peace and calmness,
The day of prevailing truth and buried lies,
The day of flourishing honesty, perfection and openness,
A day when an innocent lamb survives slaughter,
There will surely come that one day!

When man and woman will walk truth,
When child and old will sing kindness,
When sick and healthy will embrace faith,
When body and spirit will dance freedom,
There surely will come that one day!

Free to lead and free to preach,
Free to speak, talk, listen and hear,
Free of lies and distortions, but beneficiary of truth,
Free of every wrong, but full of right,
There surely will come that one day!

A day when an innocent lamb survives slaughter,
Amid the empty noise and aggressiveness,
The day of peace in tranquility and humbleness,
Whether I will be there or not is immaterial,
But that day will surely come!

For the record of my future presence or absence,
Herewith the reassurance in my reiteration,
"I vow to thee my country, all earthly things above,
Entire and whole and perfect, the service of my love,"
And I love you all, foes and friends alike!

Omari Rashid Nundu